WHAT WE COLLECT
BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd may collect the following information:
- Contact information including e-mail address
- Date of birth
- Emergency contact person
- Bank account and/or credit card details
- Payment history
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Sensitive information*
- For employment or other recruitment purposes, the above as well as employment and education details and generally, information relating to qualifications and experience
An individual is not obliged to provide their personal information to BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd however, without certain information from an individual, it may not be possible for BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd to provide its products and/or services to the individual.
The types of sensitive information that may be collected by BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd include information relating to:
- Your health
- Your weight and body measurements
- Your medical history
- Whether you smoke or are pregnant
- Whether you are on any medication
- Other health related information that is necessary to properly advise you about fitness training.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd will only use and disclose your personal information so we can provide you with the services you have requested as well as for the following directly related secondary purposes:
- Managing your account with BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd
- To improve our products and services
- Send promotional emails to you about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided**
- Contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.**
- To customise the BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd website according to your interests
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing, promotional booking or payment purposes provided we first have your consent
- Assessing your employment application and reference checking
- BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd will never sell your information.
WHO WILL BOOMROOM DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO?
BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose for which it collects it. That is, generally, it will only disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of providing classes and products to you or other directly related secondary purposes as set out above. BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd may otherwise disclose your personal information with your consent or if it is required or authorised by law.
BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information to third party services providers overseas. All Mindbody Inc. servers are located in Irvine California with Disaster Recovery servers in Las Vegas Nevada. However, where your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, we will also take adequate measures to ensure that your personal information is handled by the overseas recipient in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and our instructions for the purposes described above. By providing BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd with your personal information, you consent to this disclosure of your personal information.
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose, we may contact you from time to time with marketing material about our other products or services or third parties. At any time you may opt out of receiving this marketing material by contacting BoomRoom Australia by email or by contacting the manager of your local gym. Your consent to receiving this information will remain current until you notify BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd otherwise.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, alteration, or destruction we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, you should keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies (Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve the BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
We also use Google cookies for remarketing to advertise online.
How does our remarketing activity affect you?
- When you visit the the BoomRoom website, our web server will drop a cookie on your browser
- If you leave the BoomRoom website to visit another website which is part of the Google network, you may be served our ad
- The remarketing cookie will be valid for up to 120 days.
You can remove our remarketing cookie by deleting your Internet browsing history and clearing your cookies. This can be done through the tools/settings function of your Internet browser.
Overall, cookies help BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd provide you with a better website experience, by enabling BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites you may find of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
RIGHT OF ACCESS AND STORAGE
You may request access to personal information including your credit card information we hold about you by contacting us directly.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavor to provide you with suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (e.g. email or mailing it to you). A fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieval.
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request that we change it.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
We will investigate any complaints received in writing and do our best to resolve them as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to BoomRoom Australia Pty Ltd, you can refer your complaint to the:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Phone: 1300 363 992.